Adpearance is a rapidly-growing agency in Portland, Oregon with deep software development and digital marketing capabilities. We're adding an entry-mid level Node.js Developer to our rock star Foureyes Team. We want to hire smart people who like to work, love a challenge and want to be a part of something special!
This position is responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. The primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. Responsibilities also include integrating the front-end elements built by co-workers into the application. Therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well. If you join the team, you'll be:
- Building cool stuff. We promise, you won't be bored here. The industries we serve span B2B and B2C.
- Working on a team. Almost a quarter of our staff are developers, and we work together on a broad range of collaborative projects.
- Continuously learning. As new technologies and frameworks appear, we empower each other to enrich our knowledge and practices.
You are an ideal candidate if:
- You are formally trained with a strong academic record. You read that right. We care about your CS degree—and your GPA. Tell us about all the nerdy details.
- You are a problem solver. You can understand the full scope of a problem and build a solution that addresses the need from start to finish. And you love to do it.
- You get things done. You don't just solve problems. You find new ones and solve those too. You can identify code smells and how to refactor them, while taking full code ownership for your latest release.
What's in it for you:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Health, 401K-matching, generous PTO, paid family leave, annual Trimet pass
- Community partnership opportunities
- An awesome job that can grow with you
- A team environment with no egos or politics
- Delicious baked goods (on a semi-regular basis) and Fun Lunches (on an anytime basis)